Register by: May 10 2019
|Participants join a course in one of two roles.||
Investor & CEO
|Interact in a fictional stock market combining entrepreneurs (sharing business ideas and managing companies) with investors (seeking to learn from and invest in companies).|
|Review and give feedback to CEOs on pitch deck and business plan.|
|Analyze news articles and evaluate CEO responses and market impact.|
|Reflect on investment rationale and awareness of other investors' reflections.|
|Download / Adapt three free pitch deck samples.|
|Complete guided assignments to finish and share a pitch deck and/or business plan.|
|Learn from feedback from participants and instructors.|
|Your goal: Ending with the highest share price.|
|Your goal: Maximizing your portfolio by investing in companies, mutual funds, and CDs.|
This free interactive experience is designed to allow educators to share their own PBL project in order to give and receive feedback from other educators. All participants will learn and utilize a PBL framework to ensure that a consistent understanding is used. Student agency is at the heart of our development process.
All participants will leave with an expanded understanding of the PBL framework as well as an improved PBL project, based on feedback from other educators.
Users can join this course in one of two roles:
1) CEO/Investor: This user shares a previously created PBL project in order to receive feedback from otehr users. This user also reviews other CEO's projects to give feedback.
2) Investor Only: This user does not submit his/her own project, and therefore receives no feedback. This user is able to access of the course handouts and shares feedback with CEOs on their projects. Investors leave with a more developed understanding of quality PBL projects through the review, evaluation, and feedback shared with CEOs based on best-practices in developing projects that foster student agency.
Educators should be willing to share a project or unit which they have previously developed. Each participant should expect to give and receive professional feedback.
Users should have already completed our Brainstorming Prompts for an effective Social PBL Environment. Each participant's answers were emailed, and user's will want these answers nearby while they complete this course. The Prompts will act as a rough draft to the projects that will be shared with fellow educators.
Outcomes/Objectives: At the end of this course, each user will be able to:
- express a developed understanding of one model in problem-based learning
- utilize and apply handouts and prompts to foster a deeper understanding of planning effective experiences to foster student agency.
- finish with an enhanced project/unit that is ready to use in the classroom.
Learning should be fun and relevant.
Our interactive, dynamic environment keeps learning active for instructors and students, allowing customizations and adaptations along the way to target specific skills at specific levels of complexity.
Most importantly, our learning platform transforms learning from the traditional… to the real world.
Students finish our courses with tangible experience, taking action and creating products they can use in the future. Additionally, they have the opportunity to receive feedback on what they create from a variety of users - helping to fine-tune the quality and message.
Learning is more than summarizing content understanding. It is demonstrated by how effectively we can apply that content into a tangible product that is valued by others. That’s how learning is in the real world, and we think it’s time online learning took a big step in that direction.
If you are an instructor, and interested in offering a course using our platform, reach out and learn more.